Update: 3 Strategic Initiatives were funded in 2023. See here.
In December, we will submit the first application for the renewal of CIRCA's funding as an FRQS center. In this context, in order to establish our research program for the coming years, we are delighted to announce the launch of a call for Strategic Initiatives, aimed at supporting innovative interdisciplinary research initiatives in one of the following themes:
- Difficulties in adaptation, learning and neurodevelopment in children and adolescents.
- Learning and relearning after trauma (stroke, head injury, spinal cord injury, etc.).
- Neurodegenerative diseases and aging.
We invite interested researchers to submit a letter of intent of no more than one page describing their initiative.
Proposals must meet the following conditions:
- Be interdisciplinary, the different disciplines being neuroscience, psychology, educational science, computer science, engineering, mathematics, etc.
- Bring together several CIRCA research members.
- Have a structuring effect on the CIRCA community and enable it to increase its provincial, national and international impact and leadership.
- Have a societal impact by having the potential to lead, in the short/medium term, to a concrete application contributing to improving knowledge, methods or clinical, social or educational practices. Links with UdeM clinics would be a major asset.
- The project may be spread over a maximum of 5 years.
- Integration of aspects of big data, computational neuroscience, artificial intelligence, complex data processing and/or development of software tools would be an asset in the relevant fields.
Collaborations with researchers outside CIRCA, other research centers, clinics or other partners are also encouraged.
Selected projects were invited to submit a second phase detailed proposal. Those selected as a result of this second phase will be eligible for funding of up to $50,000/year in the first year, and $50,000-$100,000/year for 5 years in subsequent years, depending on funding and partnerships developed.
This content has been updated on 3 October 2023 at 15 h 42 min.