Pilot project grant
Deadline: November 7, 2023 - 23h59
The aim of this program is to enable CIRCA members to initiate new research projects and obtain preliminary results that will enable them to better position themselves in competitions launched by provincial and federal granting agencies and private foundations. Young researchers who have been in the field for less than 5 years will be given priority, but their more experienced counterparts may also benefit from this support if funds remain in this envelope. CIRCA offers a rich interdisciplinary environment, and in order to increase synergies and foster mentoring, active collaborations and partnerships are strongly encouraged.
- The application must be led by a CIRCA regular member. Young researchers (in post for less than 5 years, as of September 30 of the current year) will be prioritized.
- The proposed research must be related to the brain and/or learning.
- The funds granted by CIRCA must be used in a Quebec institution.
- Applications submitted late, incomplete or not meeting the eligibility criteria will not be evaluated.
- Evaluation will be based on criteria of excellence and the objectives of CIRCA. The criteria are indicated at the top of each section of the form.
- Only applications that achieve an average scientific score of 3.5/5 will be funded if the budget allows.
- The evaluation will also consider the representativeness and diversity of the team composition or recruitment intentions (women, minorities, etc.). Members are encouraged to work on representativeness in team composition and recruitment. In the interest of fairness, each reviewer will judge all applications received.
GRANT AMOUNT, DURATION AND REPORTING
- A maximum grant of $25,000 is awarded for one year.
- If funds permit, it may be renewable after the first year upon submission of a progress report and evaluation of a renewal application.
- The competition will be held once a year.
- Recipients agree to acknowledge CIRCA's support in any publication or presentation resulting from the funded research project, to present the results of their research at CIRCA's annual meetings and to respond to follow-up requests from CIRCA.
- Two scientific reports detailing the scientific benefits and leverage effects must be submitted: one at the end of this grant, and the other one year after the end of the funding period to allow CIRCA to document the impacts of this program. These reports will be used for the Center's renewal application.
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED
The application must be submitted as a single PDF document titled "Researcher's Name_Pilot ProjectCIRCA_2023" including, in the following order:
- The completed "Application for Pilot Project Support)" form (Click to view and download).
- The Canadian Common CV of the principal applicant and co-applicants including detailed contributions.
This content has been updated on 3 October 2023 at 16 h 14 min.